Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Band Performance



Summer Reading club kicked off today! We had the Mid-South Navy Band Brass Quintet play at our library today, for the neighborhood children. The band is a super bunch of folks, and the kids really enjoyed listening to them play. We also had a good crowd, I almost ran out of chairs! Of course, the only thing I can show online of the kids is the backs of their heads, but the band was happy to pose!


Anybody recognize the quilt on the wall? :)
It made a good backdrop for the band, especially since they performed some patriotic songs that the kids would know. Everyone's toes were tapping.

And me? I'm still practicing my free motion quilting before I take the needle to this, I'm such a chicken... lol

10 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun, and I noticed the quilt right away! It is perfect!

Finn said...

Hi Jane, I'm dragging my scrunchy eyes around blogland for a few mintues..can't actually see what I am typing, so excuse the errors.

I noticed the wallhanging first thing..it looks great!! What fun to have the Navy band(small version) play at the library.

Ann said...

Jane, looks like great fun! And OF COURSE we recognized the quilt top on the wall.... JUST DO IT.......quilt that top, that is! You can do it and it'll be beautiful!

Leah Spencer said...

Hrmm... that quilt? Not sure if I've seen it... just kidding! :D

I trust you own a seam ripper or two... so go ahead and plunge into the quilting. You can always bring out your "best friend" (as what my sister calls the seam ripper) and start all over if your need to... but I betcha you won't! :)

KC Quilter said...

The quilt looks great there! I'm still plugging along with the free motion quilting too--I know exactly how you feel! I'm doing some on donation quilts--heck, little kids won't care if it's perfect or not LOL! Good luck.

Hanne said...

I saw your quilt right away :-) Your quilt is perfect for brass bands and uniforms. I like brass band music.

Joyce said...

The quilt looks great up there. I'd say go for it. Even if you have to rip some out and re-do it, its really not that big a deal. Also, there is always the next one that can be the perfect one!

Laura said...

I would love to work at a library! It is on my list of dream jobs. Being surrounded by books everyday would be wonderful! Your quilt looks fantastic hanging with the band!

Linda C said...

It sounds like you and the library patrons had a great time. Good way to kick off the summer program.

Nope, you are not chicken--I think it is great to practice but when you get to something that you have spent time piecing and working on you don't want to "ruin" it. Freeze up a bit but that practice looks good from the pics--you should be ready!

YankeeQuilter said...

I'll bet the band liked having the quilt behind...a nice change from military flags and banners!
Siobhan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...