Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Flowers

Lots of things blooming in my yard, end of April. These smell so sweet - and I get more and more of them every year:


I'd bring some inside to admire, but the ants like them as much as I do, so they're definitely a flower to keep outside and admire from afar.


I keep thinking about diversifying, and getting some other colors of peonies, then separating these and mixing them together. But my favorite colors are green and cream, like these. I wonder what other varieties they make? I'll have to go hunting next fall.


I have several different colors of iris, too. Plain yellow, plain lavender, and two varieties of purple/white ones.


For some reason, I don't get both varieties of purple/white and white/purple blooming at the same time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...