Saturday, December 11, 2010

Design debates

Here's my latest block of the month arrangement:



I'm not sure how I wlll put these three little pinwheels in the center yet. I could cut a 12½ square of background fabric and turn the edges under and applique them down, adding stems and some spikey leaves at the base... or I could cut some background triangles for the upper right and left corners, and try to piece them in, separating the pinwheels with little one-inch strips. Then I'd piece some blades for the bottom... I can't decide. Any advice?

3 inch Pinwheels

There's the link for the pdf pattern to paper piece the little pinwheels,if anyone wants any three inch blocks - wouldn't they make cute ornaments if you did them in green or red?

1 comment:

Linda C said...

THX for the pinwheel pdf. I appreciate your suggestion for my quilt possibly with a gingerbread man or two. The size is good since I have spots that I need 3 and 4 inch blocks!

I love how your BOM blocks look, Jane. This is going to be a lovely quilt no matter how you decide to join the section!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...