Well, here's what I've been doing this weekend. Ironing more than 100 little 3 inch squares... folding them on the diagonal, ironing them again... folding them on the diagonal AGAIN and ironing them one last time. Uggh, you KNOW how much I love to iron.
Then I pinned them point-in to the border of the leaf quilt. It took me a few tries to decide exactly how far I wanted them apart. I finally decided to nest each one half way into the one before it.
I also decided that I was anal enough to want some kind of pattern, especially with the red, they seemed to jump out more to my eye. So I have a dark red triangle, three random triangles between, then a medium red triangle, and three triangles.
Spacing them halfway into the next one meant that I was continually sewing through 9 layers of fabric. I bet if you want them closer than that, you've really got to have a powerful machine!
I hope the corners work out when I flip them open. I did find a website that suggested matching them like a miter, almost, at each end, so that's what I did.
I've done two corners so far... another 1½ sides to go!
Coming Next Week: 100 Blocks Vol. 15 Blog Tour
8 hours ago