Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mystery Part 6 and Incubator Blankets

Well, step six of the Quiltville mystery is done, 16 Ohio star blocks with nine-patch corners. Mine have different green middles, but I thought this one was 'specially cute with the Santa face looking out the side. :)


We also had to do 16 half Ohio star blocks and four ¼ Ohio star blocks. Given these instructions, I've pretty much got the layout figured out, but Bonnie asked us not to reveal it, so I'm keeping mum.

My guild picks a different charity project each year - this year it's to make incubator blankets for the local children's hospital. It's a super place to use up orphan blocks, as blankets only have to finish at 24 x 24. I've had these teeny half nine patch blocks sitting in a box for 3 years now, 12 light and 16 dark. Too many of them to throw away, and not enough of them to do anything with.

BUT, pairing the light ones with a pink hst, and the dark ones with a blue hst, I've been able to make two incubator blankets. A couple of borders and I'll be ready to go:


Not sure what color to border the blue one with yet... I have more blue for an outer border, but what for an inner border?

9 comments:

julieQ said...

Love your mystery quilt!! Such a pretty block!

JulieQ

Ginger Patches said...

Cute Santa's! Did Bonnie ask us not to guess? I missed that! Darn it I thought it would be fun to all post our guesses..oh well :( Your blocks are so cute :)

Sweet P said...

That Santa Claus peeking out the center block is adorable. What a wonderful surprise in the design.

Helen in the UK said...

The incubator blankets are cute! Congrats on Step 6 of the mystery :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those are very pretty incubator quilts. I know that they are used to block the light out of the incubators. It is nice that yours are pretty - sure to be appreciated by a weary parent.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Khris said...

Wow everything looks great. You have been busy. Thanks heaps for the Mystery Quilt button. I have it on my blog now too. Hugs, Khris in Oz

Julia said...

Thanks for the button, I shall put it on my blog.
Your mystery quilt is bright and happy, I love it

Kucki68 said...

I think a red inner border would be cheerful on the blue quilt.

Carol E. said...

Do you put batting in the incubator quilts, or just a backing of flannel?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...