Sunday, May 04, 2008

Tomato Progress Part One

Here's my tomato plants, ten days later. From the left, Goliath, Cherry Red, and Boy. Sounds like Tarzan's family, doesn't it? :D


I just put the cages on them this morning, and told them they had a lot of growing to do to live up to the tall cages I'd bought.

And (drrrrum roll) here's a picture of the first two teeny tomatoes, about the size of an english pea. They're on my cherry tomato plant, the one in the middle. Blooms on all three plants, but this one will have the first fruit.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm so jealous you have tomatoes on your plants -- we can't even put any in the ground until after Mother's Day around here -- still danger of frost! And I love your irises. I used to have beautiful irises, but I gave them all to my daughters-in-law. Too many weeds to contend with out here in the country-- they let all the riff-raff grow right in with them!

mereth said...

Our tomato growing season is over here, but this post brings back memories. Nothing like a homegrown tomato, eaten warm from the bush while wandering around the garden...
It will be interesting to see if the raw egg adds anything to the harvest.

Melanie said...

Beautiful plants, In UPper Michigan, we can't even begin to plant until after Memorial Day----I am Jealous...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...