Friday, May 21, 2010

Mid-May Garden Update

Ready for more tomato and squash pictures? Sorry, there's no snowpea pix, I've *guilty grin* eaten them all.

Here's my Cherry Tomato bush. Some of them are getting too big to really call them cherry tomatoes, but they're not ripening yet, still just as green as they can be. I hope they don't all ripen the same day! Between this bush, and the Grape Tomato bush you've seen already, I should be swimming in little tomatoes pretty soon.


I have two pots with banana pepper plants, and one pot has ONE immensely long pepper, and a handful of smaller buds. But this one looks too long to be normal, somehow. Maybe it's a mutant alien pepper... :)


My Early Girl bush has several golf-to-plum sized tomatoes, but again, all still very green.


I'm most proud of my squash plants though - lots and lots of blooms and lots and lots of teeny squash. Here's two of the biggest so far. Maybe thumb sized? Too small to eat, but a good size to drool over. After last year with no squash but lots of blooms, I was about to say that squash growing in a kiddy wading pool didn't work, but this year is a total reversal.

3 comments:

julieQ said...

I love to see your garden!! My squash had blooms, and blooms, and blooms...and no squash. Hmmmm...my tomatoes are doing well this year too.

YankeeQuilter said...

My Dad used to have us go out and tap the blooms on the squash plants (supposedly it would make them produce a squash and not just fall off.) He also took off about half the blooms so the plant could put its energy into fewer squashes. Don't know if science backs any of this up be we were swimming in zucchinis by mid summer.....

darkmuse said...

But continue to live in the heart and soul of the war; writing is sitting in the trial itself.....
isn't it?????????

uk theses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...