Thursday, January 15, 2009

4th File, 4th Photo

Hmm, I saw this blog-game on the blog after mine in the Stash Quilts blogring, Marcie at Patchalot More, and it sounded interesting. The rules say:

*Go to the fourth photo file on your computer
*Choose the fourth picture in that file
*post it and explain
*tag four people to do the same

So, curious, off I went to my photo files, to see what was the 4th file... I've taken a lot of photos, so my files were pretty nested, files within files. Is the librarian in me showing? After Catpix, Familypix, and HouseandGardenpix there came Quiltpix. And the 4th file in THAT (after BOMpix, MiscPix, and Quilts2004) was Quilts2005. The 4th cropped and named picture in the file was this one:



Brings back fond memories! This is my oldest brother, Dan, holding a quilt I gave to him back in 2005, around Thanksgiving. He liked it a lot, but I think his wife is the one that uses it the most. :) It was also the first one of Bonnie's patterns I tried, her Strip Twist.

I picked all the fabrics I didn't really like - my favorite color is forest green, so I pulled out all the olive toned greens, ikk. There were a lot of wine and burgundy and mustard FQ, and they made the pile too... then some 'ugly' pale colors. The ugliest one I remember was a beige with brown streaks and smears on it ... one of my brothers said the brown streaks looked like underwear 'skidmarks' -ewww! After that comment, that's all I could think when I saw that fabric!

Since I was making a guy quilt, I took out anything floral, then added back in a couple of blues, some prints with leaves and apples... till I had a mix I could live with. Even though it was all fabric I didn't like individually, I was pleased with the end result. :)

Now the rules say for me to tag 4 people - if you feel like playing, consider yourself tagged! Then let me know you're playing so I can go look.

4 comments:

MARCIE said...

Nice photo, beautiful quilt, and you played by the rules! Actually you are the only one who contacted me that they participated. Your links to quiltville turned out darling!

Susan said...

I love the quilt. Your description of how you picked your colors was great, too. Don't you always wonder how we got all those fabrics we don't really like into the stash? LOL!

Your photo files sound like mine! Folders in folders in folders. =)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm way behind in reading myself, so I know how that works.

I am definitely going to participate. I had seen this before, probably on Marcie's blog, too, but didn't get far enough to do anything about it.

Ann said...

I can't play.......I have no files full of folders full of folders like I had before my pc crashed. I don't even have a picture file on this one(well, there is one, but I've not put pics in it yet). waaaa......I did finally tell hubby I was thinking of a new laptop and giving the crashed one to David if he wanted to buy a new hard drive for it! Now I'm off to the grandbaby's bday party.

YankeeQuilter said...

He looks like he really loves that quilt! 4th file...when I go into my photo files it can be hours before I come out again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...