Friday, April 24, 2009

Veggies and Flowers

Well, ok, they're not veggies quite YET... :)

But these will be my snowpeas:

And these the crookneck squash:


This is what Toby was watching from the front window, some yellow iris I planted ten years ago. I love stuff that comes back year after year that you don't have to keep planting, don't you?



As for my three tomato plants, the Early Girl has big blooms, the Better Boy has smaller blooms, and the Cherry tomato nothing yet, but it's still early. I'll try to get pictures of them later this weekend.

Are any of you planting container gardens?

3 comments:

Vicki H. said...

Oh, your Iris is so pretty. Yes my family is doing a raised bed square foot garden this year. We can't plant until Memorial day here. So we are buying many plants that are started already. My iris plants are only about 4inches tall. We had snow earlier this week and 77 yesterday.

Ann said...

As you know, I planted a bunch of seeds and will put most of what we plant in the garden. I am going to do a couple of tomatoes and some herbs in containers, though. Oh, and some peppers that I pulled out of the spots and forgot which variety they were! Going to stick them in pots and see what comes of them!

YankeeQuilter said...

I have two tomato plants in their containers (a plum and an early girl) as well as some Mint and Lavender. I am building a raised bed this week and will do some more tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. I would like to slip a pumpkin in there somewhere but that may have to wait until next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...