Sunday, April 26, 2009

Veggies and Tomatoes

Anyone ready for a status update on my tomatoes? Here's the Early Girl. I read a couple of reviews online after I bought this one, that said the tomatoes were early, but not as good as the tomatoes from plants that ripened a couple of weeks later. If I'd known that, I may have gotten something else, flavor is the most important reason I am growing my own.


Blooms on my Cherry tomato plant! Last year I got Husky Cherry Red, and enjoyed them very much, we'll see what difference there is between the two. I almost got a grape tomato plant too, I can buy a container of those at the store and eat almost the whole pint in one sitting. Maybe next year.


Here's the Better Boy, and I've heard only good reviews about this one. I'm actually thinking, if they all have blooms right now, don't you suppose all three of these plants will end up having tomatoes at the same time?


And I posted this one last, so you could easily see the difference between the previous week and this week - what a difference only a few days makes on my snow peas! A trellis that I bought for the peas is around the front of the house, holding up my peony bush. Those blooms get so huge that the flowers usually get too heavy for the stalks and arc down till they touch the ground. Now, watching these grow so fast, I'm hoping their blooming time will end before my snowpeas get tall enough to need the support!

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

What are the CDs in the planter boxes for? Inquiring minds want to know.

YankeeQuilter said...

I was just admiring my tomatoe plants this afternoon...can't wait until I have something to show for all this!

Sylvana said...

I always grow Early Girl tomatoes because they are the perfect tomato. They are extremely fragrant and tasty, grow round without splitting, are excellent slicers, and are even fantastic for salsas and sauces! They are a medium size tomato but are a great producer. Good luck with yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...