Friday, March 24, 2006

Delectable Mountain quilt


I first got this pattern from Bonnie's site, Quiltville. She has some wonderful scrappy quilt patterns.

Since I don't have room at home for a design wall, I took all the blocks to work, at the library, scooted two tables together, and laid them all out, rearranging them till I was satisfied that no two turquoise were touching, and the navy were spaced out, and there were no two of the green in the same lantern shape. I took a couple of pictures, in case things got mixed up. Then I pinned them into rows to take back home and sew.

Those big tables in the library are great for cutting backing too, I just go in half an hour early, before we open, and I can do a lot in a short amount of time. Nice and quiet and NO kitties to jump up and send things flying. Libby, especially, likes to tunnel under the fabric and play "If you don't see me, how do you know I'm this siamese sized lump in the middle of your layout?"

Here's the quilt as it is now. I'll add one more border around it, a smallish white one, to contain all those sawtooth edges, then send it off to be quilted. I'll bind it in a navy blue marbled fabric I'm backing it with. It's got tiny scattered white dots, kind of like stars on it.

I'm not sure how I want it quilted though. Allover meander? Diagonal lines following the zig-zags? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'd probably have a panto or allover meander done on it. Lovely quilt and on my Wannado list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...