Monday, May 04, 2009

Letters and Growing things

Free pieced letters anyone? I'm in the midst of making a new header for my blog, and who knows, it may be a small wall hanging when I get done. Many thanks to Tonya of Lazy Gal Quilting for all the tutorials on the letter making. Jane will be added under the Forest, with the J starting right below the high spot under the OR in Forest. I'm worried that the S looks too big, what do you think?


I've also promised Tonya that I'd do a SNARL for her Halloween letter quilt she's making, and I have the fabric picked for it, and some definite ideas, but you won't see it here until I've sent it to her. :)

And then, because my last post had no pictures, I have to make up for it by adding a couple of garden pictures. Here's my whole setup... 5 containers and two window boxes, out on the washed pebble slab that serves as my patio.


And a closeup of the snow peas. Everything's really green with all the rain we've had for the last 4 days, and weathermen predict 2 more cloudy, rainy days here in Memphis before the sun comes out.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I don't think the S looks to big. If all the other letters were the same size, it'd be different, but I think it looks more "wacky" this way and I like wacky! Plants are looking good. We're going to have to replant some of ours because of so much rain, many have drowned.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, great letters. I love the style of the r and s, which will shrink down when you put more of the background on it.

YankeeQuilter said...

Aren't these letters fun to make! I think your plants are about a week ahead of mine...I only have some tomato flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...