Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bloglines

Just have to give a little WOW for Bloglines - it's easy to sign up for, and since I use Firefox as my preferred browser, I just put the "subscribe" button on my toolbar, (just dragged it there, that was easy too) and it didn't take me long to subscribe to my 60 favorite blogs! Visit the blog, hit subscribe, it's that easy.

Now, I just go to bloglines, log in, and there's a nice list of everyone's blog I like to visit. If you've posted, your blogname shows up in bold print. If you've posted two or three times since my last visit, there's a little (2) or (3) after your name. It makes it SO much faster to only visit the folks that have a new post!

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I too was amazed at how user freindly bloglines was. I just didn't get to reading very many blogs without it as there was such a difference at how frequently people update...

Linda C said...

I guess we can read the posts from there if we wish but it looks like it messes up the page formatting. If we want to comment, you need to open the blog page, unless I am missing something BUT the alerts help when you are short on time.

Saska said...

You did teach me something..thanx!

Paula, the quilter said...

and something new just poped up in bloglines. I listen to several podcasts (usually via my mp3 player) and have subscribed to the play notes via bloglines. Now listen to the most recent podcast via bloglines! Woohoo!

Doodlebug Gail said...

ForestJane - thank you so much for the information on Bloglines. Went over there this afternoon, got all registered and have my list of Blogs all done! Thank you so much.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the information. There is always something new to try, isn't there. My computer time is starting to infringe on my quilting time. Oops.

Cher said...

good to hear your review...I am dragging my feet as there is something adventuresome about hopping through the ring and seeing what is new for me...

Tracey said...

First, the fabric stacks in the post below....YUM!! :o)
I'm just catching up with my email...and yes, I did use the Husqvarna software. :o/ I have heard good things about Embird..but I guess I just burnt myself out trying to get the H.software that I moved on. Maybe one of these days!

Mary Johnson said...

After reading this post yesterday I did go set up bloglines myself. It's too bad I can't add the entire Stash quilts group at once but I can see that it will save me some time in the long run.

Fiona said...

Oh, this is going to save me soooo much time - thank you - would never have worked out how to do it myself.

Lily Mulholland said...

Okay, you've convinced me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...